These 10 healthy eating tips to lose weight will help you in your fat loss journey and are proven to work. The fact is that 80% of how you look and what you way is based on your eating habits. What you eat is more important than the exercise that you get.
1) Make healthy choices. This is the very first thing you need to start thinking about when you’re trying to eat healthy. If you’re eating the wrong kinds of food then you will just be sabotaging yourself.
2) Eat a variety of foods. What good is to just say you should eat healthy without knowing what kind of foods you should be consuming? For starters, you should eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. You can never go wrong with that choice. You also want to add protein to your meal plan. You get the protein you need from a variety of sources including meats, eggs almonds, peanut butter, and low fat dairy such as milk and yogurt. You will want to make sure the meats you consume are very lean since the fats in them are not healthy for you – chicken and fish are always a great option.
3) Stay away from added sugar. Sometimes it’s not possible to stick to this, but minimize your sugar consumption. If you’re looking at a product that has a sugar free option you should go with that. By consuming sugar, your metabolism will continue to slow down causing you to not lose the pounds you wish to shed.
4) Don’t overeat. You want to make sure you’re burning more calories in the day than you are consuming. A steak can have approximately 60 calories per ounce. So if you eat a 16 oz. steak you’re pushing 1,000 calories just for the steak. Add whatever grease that may be cooked in plus your sides you can be close to your daily caloric intake in just a single meal. The typical portion of meal that you should consume in a single serving would be about the size of your fist which will be about 4-6 oz.
5) Don’t skip meals. Under no circumstance should you choose to skip a meal. By doing this you will face the risk of overeating at your next meal which goes against tips number 4. Additionally your body may also go into starvation mode if you skip a meal. This is bad because it slows down your metabolism making it more difficult to lose weight.
6) Stay away from boxed foods. For the most part, any item that you buy out of a bag or box you should stay away from. In this scenario I’m thinking of items such as crackers, chips, snacks, most cereals, etc. Most of these items will contain added sugars and other ingredients that are counter active to your goals. A good rule of thumb when you go grocery shopping is to stick to the perimeter of the store where you will find your fruits & vegetables, lean meats, and dairy products.
7) Eat more, smaller meals. Another tip you can implement is to just eat more meals, but make them all smaller. By doing this you will boost your metabolism causing your body to burn more calories during the day than normal. By eating less but with more meal times your body will feel fuller throughout the day helping you to refrain from overeating.
8) Drink plenty of water. Aside from making sure you eat healthy, you want to also drink plenty of water. In fact you will want to drink half of your body weight in ounces every single day. So if you weigh 150 pounds, you should be drinking 75 ounces of water every day. This helps you stay fully hydrated and is another safeguard to overeating.
9) Get plenty of exercise. Yes, I did say that 80% of how you look and what you weight is based on what you eat, but there still is that other 20%. You don’t have to actually exercise that much. In fact a good workout routine will allow getting your full workout in an hour a day for three days per week. You can do some light activity the others days such as taking a walk.
10) Plan ahead. And lastly, you will want to plan out your week in advance. If you know what your meal schedule is set to be for the upcoming you will be able to stick to it a lot better. When things come up or you get the urge to cheat, you can just look at your schedule and know that it does not fit into that. “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”
By implementing these 10 healthy eating tips to lose weight it is possible to succeed in your health and weight loss goals. Begin today by planning what your meal schedule will look like and then work from there. Take it a day at a time and when you mess up you do not want to quit. Rather, just pick up from there and plow forward so that you can reach your goals.
Losing weight is very simple. Although it’s not necessarily easy, it’s a very simple strategy if you are committed and follow through on your goals. You can achieve the results you want with your weight and body by simply following these 10 healthy eating tips to lose weight.